harbor district COMMUNITY science boxes
What are they?
Harbor District Community Science Boxes are similar to Free Little Libraries that offer educational information for the community.
Where can I find them?
There are currently three Harbor District Community Science Boxes. Explore each one at the locations below!
- Location 1: Harbor View Plaza 600 East Greenfield Avenue
- Location 2: Kinnickinnic River Trail just south of the 1st Street and Lincoln Avenue entrance.
- Location 3: Riverfront Boat Launch 600 South Water Street
What is inside?
Fun stuff! Although contents may vary you will most likely find:
- Nature journals
- Tree Finder booklets
- Community Science workbooks
- Milwaukee Butterfly Guides from the Milwaukee Public Museum
- Milwaukee Urban River Trail Maps from Milwaukee Riverkeeper
- Milwaukee County Trail Maps
- Mini magnify glasses
- Books on urban ecology and all things nature
- Geocache treasures (coming soon)
MAKE A DONATION TO THE COMMUNITY SCIENCE BOXES
We are always looking for educational items to fill our Community Science Boxes! If you have items to contribute, please reach out to the Harbor District at email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsor: Green Tree Garden Club
Our appreciation and thanks goes to the Green Tree Garden Club of Milwaukee. Their contribution to this project helps educate the greater Harbor District community. The purpose of the Green Tree Garden Club is to promote the knowledge and love of gardening by providing education and activities in the areas of conservation, horticulture and civic improvement.
Learn more about the Green Tree Garden Club and how you can become involved by visiting greentreegardenclub.com.