Harbor Fest returns, featuring sturgeon fest and boat parade
WHAT: HARBOR FEST
WHEN: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH FROM 11 AM – 4 PM
WHERE: 600 BLOCK OF EAST GREENFIELD AVENUE IN THE HARBOR DISTRICT
Join Harbor District Milwaukee, Milwaukee Riverkeeper, and Riveredge Nature Center at Harbor Fest for another year of family fun celebrating all things fish, water, and boats! Harbor Fest will take place on Sunday, September 25, 2022 from 11am -4pm in front of UWM’s School of Freshwater Sciences (600 E. Greenfield Avenue).
Release a baby sturgeon with Riveredge Nature Center, cheer on the artists and their boat floats during the Milwaukee Riverkeeper Boat Parade, and enjoy the live music, local food, and activities at Harbor Fest!
Attendees will be able to:
- Tour the UW-Milwaukee School of Freshwater Sciences
- See the Milwaukee RiverKeeper MKE Boat Parade
- Release a baby sturgeon with Riveredge Nature Center
- Learn how to filet a fish with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Take a free pontoon boat ride in the harbor
- Watch art in the making
- Connect with Harbor District businesses and environmental groups
- Climb a rock wall
- Enjoy lunch from local food trucks and beer
- Dance the afternoon away with special performances
And so much more! Stay tuned for updates as we get closer to the event.