harbor district science boxes
What are they?
Harbor District Science Boxes are similar to Free Little Libraries that offer educational information for the community.
Where can I find them?
There are currently two Harbor District Science Boxes with one more being installed soon. Explore each one at the locations below!
- Location 1: Harbor View Plaza 600 East Greenfield Avenue
- Location 2: Kinnickinnic River Trail just south of the 1st Street and Lincoln Avenue entrance.
- Location 3: To be announced soon
What is inside?
Fun stuff! Although contents may vary you will most likely find:
- Nature journals
- Tree Finder booklets
- Community Science workbooks
- Milwaukee Butterfly Guides from the Milwaukee Public Museum
- Milwaukee Urban River Trail Maps from Milwaukee Riverkeeper
- Milwaukee County Trail Maps
- Mini magnify glasses
- Books on urban ecology and all things nature
- Geocache treasures (coming soon)
Win a harbor district t-shirt!
Visit a Science Box and win a free Harbor District t-shirt. This is what you need to do:
- Take a selfie next to one of the Science Boxes
- Like the Harbor District on Facebook or Instagram
- Share on Social Media
- Don’t forget to tag the Harbor District. This is how we will contact you for your free t-shirt!
MAKE A DONATION TO THE SCIENCE BOXES
We are always looking for educational items to fill our Science Boxes! If you have items to contribute, please reach out to the Harbor District at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsor: Green Tree Garden Club
Our appreciation and thanks goes to the Green Tree Garden Club of Milwaukee. Their contribution to this project helps educate the greater Harbor District community. The purpose of the Green Tree Garden Club is to promote the knowledge and love of gardening by providing education and activities in the areas of conservation, horticulture and civic improvement.
Learn more about the Green Tree Garden Club and how you can become involved by visiting greentreegardenclub.com.